1.08.2005

Tough

love and hate

The Festival is plugging along, but last week was very tough. A sponsor pulled out and though I admire their service immensely -- it's difficult to be okay with this. A colleague (also a sponsorship manager) said it was "really wrong" for them to do something like this to us. I mean we're a non-profit, we make decisions depending on the resources we are promised. I've mostly put it behind me, but doubt always accompanies an event such as this.

Programming had a similiar thing happen, two films they felt were onboard, decided not to show at our festival. I'm mentioning it, because this is the busiest time for us and they probably won't think of posting now.

We're all on edge and there is an expectancy that is hard to describe. We're holding our breath until March 10. Not literally, of course, but it feels that way.

It would be great if we can blog more during this time, but the nature of the business means we have other things on our mind. I'll try to do my best to continue posting, in the interest of this, I've invited my assistant Khristine to join the blog.